RENO TO MENDOCINO – MAY 21 – 25, 2020 (five whole days!)
“It’s the best ride I’ve ever done in my life.”— Trevor Gerhardt, OG Gnar Shralper
So, in a fun and unexpected twist, guess who is doing all the admin work for this year’s Reno to Mendocino? THIS GIRL! Seriously though, this ride is so rad I’m willing to dedicate time to making it happen this year (normally, the next one wouldn’t happen until May 2022, and that’s a little too far away for my liking).
What is Reno to Mendocino?
A spectacular 5-day, 365-mile odyssey from Reno to Mendocino county (Fort Bragg). 2/3 dirt, 5,000ft net elevation loss. 38,000ft of climbing. Three major mountain passes.
Dates: MAY 21 – 25, 2020
You will ride some of the most inaccessible forest roads in California with breathtaking views, starting in the high-desert plateau and ending on the coastal California crags.
What we’re all chipping in for/where your money goes:
- Farm-to-face calorie feasts each morning and evening, catered by Chef Dave of SuperPro Spring Classics and M5 fame. You can eat your fill and still come back for thirds.
- Hot lunch on the route each day
- Professional bike mechanic support from Boonville Bike Works
- We haul your camping crap and book your campsite each day! You focus on the fun. We worry about schlepping.
- A rad souvenir t-shirt!
- Cold craft brews awaiting you at the campsite
- Hydration mixes, energy bars and all manner of goodly science food to stave off the dreaded bonk
- Ice cold sodas and snacks at strategic locations along remote sections of the route
- Transportation for you and your bicycle back to the San Francisco Bay Area in a luxury bus
- No less than three support wagons
To save you from an $80 Eventbrite booking fee, yours truly will be running the backend to get you all setup. The first step to registering is filling out the form below. I will follow-up with payment details. You will also get a *highly recommended* packing list and additional rider info. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
March 11th is the magical cutoff date to sign up for the amazing SuperPro Support package or to email email@example.com with any transfer/refund requests.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes! We will happily transfer your registration to another attendee up until 24hrs before the start of the event at no additional cost. If you wish to transfer your attendance towards another SuperPro offering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before August 15 and this will not be a problem.
Eek! I need a refund on the support package since I can’t attend. What’s your refund policy?
Due to the nature of these events and the extensive planning involved, we are able to offer partial refunds if emailed to email@example.com on or before the following dates:
- 90% refund if requested on/before March 5
- 60% refund if requested on/before April 1
- 30% refund if requested on/before April 15
- No refund on/after April 16
If you’re on the fence, we will need to know by April 15 in order to hit our 40-rider minimum for tis awesome ride.
Great! Where do I check in once I get to Reno?
Check in will be 7-9pm on the evening of May 20th in Reno, specific location TBD. We will keep riders updated on details sooner to the date.
Will it sell out?
Yes! The ride is limited to 50 riders, though in the unlikely event we do not reach the minimum of 40 riders for the support package by March 11th, we will refund you in full.
In the past we offered this as a four-day adventure, and we encountered either 100+ degree heat or a race against darkness, depending on time of year. This is challenging terrain but also scenic as all get-out, and spreading the distance over five days removes time pressures and increases the Type 1:Type 2 Fun ratio!